Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save a layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoise

Programmer
Dec 23, 2004
IE
I have a PSD with lots of different layers. Can I not simply right click a layer in my layer palette and then 'Save as'? There must be an easier way than having to use these lasso and magnetic tools to try and cut and paste something out that is actually already segregated via a layer? Any help appreciated. Oh Photoshop 6 by the way.

Not too sure but with versions that can script (Version 7 and above) Photoshop ships with a script called Export layers to files.

Sorry but it does not help you unless you upgade.
Paul.

Hide all the layers except the one you want to save and save as.

Step by step:-
Save the image then -
In the layers pallette, keep the left mouse button depressed and drag the cursor over all layer visibility icons. That will hide all the layers.
Select the layer you want to copy, save as, reinstate the other layers.
If you have laters that are turned off, it is probably easier doing the save as, close without saving and open the image up again.

Keith

You can just Save As - making sure that "keep layers" is checked. Then trash the unused layers on your new version of the pic.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back