Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV corporate edtion liveupdate silent mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

slakk

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2009
US
hi,
I am trying to understand Symantec antivirus corporate edition, liveupdate for a standard user account. I know that SAV should be set up as a server. It is setup as a stand alone client I guess. I took over for someone who had already set these pcs up. I have some pc's that when I log into the Administrators account and run liveupdate it connects to the symantec website and downloads and installs the updates just fine. Now when I log into the standard user account and click liveupdate, I get this messege:
Restricted users can run liveupdate in silent mode only. Updates will be automatically downloaded and installed if available. Do you want to continue?
Then I press ok, and I am assuming that liveupate is running in the background.
What I am trying to understand is why set liveupdate to run in silent mode on the corporate edtion, is that because of the permission issue of the standard user not being a member of the admin or power users group?
If anyone can help, I would gladly appreciate it.
Oh I also tried symantec forums already, not really helpful and from what I can see there is now windows scheduled task set up to run livupdate in silent mode with the -s option.
thanks,
lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back