Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV Corporate Edition 10 on Netware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Having the following issues on Netware servers..

- Seems to install fine. Doing a VPSTART /INSTALL crashes the server.

- System Console won't discover the server running SAV.. Even tryign to force based on specific IP address with various options and methods won't work.

Any help appreciated.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Thanks for the link.. I found that there is a conflict, but none of the things in that link are running on the problem server.

I stripped the server down and was able to install, discover and manage the server through the security console. But as soon as I loaded everything up again, SAV became unstable, couldn't manage it, and it abended.

So I removed any extra service that wasn't critical and it is now operating fine. I haven't done enough testing to find out what process or service is causing the conflict.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

What version of Netware are you running on.

I have installed SAVCE v10.0.1.1000 on Netware 6.0 Sp5 and Netware 6.5 Sp2 with no problems other than you need to remove the old copy of SAVCE, then reboot the server and then install the new version. Doing this caused no crashes.

Rick

Rick Johnston
Information Mgmt. Systems
Fargo, ND

There's a problem with NetWare not being discovered. Seems that in the Windows world, SAV is okay with sloppy DNS, but for NetWare servers, if you can't get FQDN, SAV 10 won't find them.

NetWare server no longer appears in Symantec System Center after upgrading to Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0

Apparently the thing to do is to get FQDN, then uninstall and reinstall.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back