Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV Corp edition restarts computer - WHAT is happening 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELLirious

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2004
US
I have SAV Corp edition running on a box with XP pro. I am using this as the server, packager, and quarantine for a group of 36 clients.

The specs are a little low PII 459 with ~400 MB of RAM. New hard drives.

The problem is that when I run packager, the machine restarts right in the middle of the packaging processing. NOT crash. RESTARTS.

Never seen a program do this. It is ONLY during this process and no other time. Other devices are hooked into the surge protector and there is no hint of power flicker.

HELP

Sounds like it doesn't like the RAM, or bad RAM. Could also be a virus or software conflict, but I would try removing all but one stick of RAM, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, swap that stick with one of the others, and try again.

Post back, let us know.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

ABSOLUTELY hit the nail on the head.

EXACTLY correct. Worked like a charm.

Funny thing is it was the crucial.com ram that gave up the ghost. The older cheaper ram held up.

Cheap fix and required no long hours on the phone.

Glad I could help, thanks for the vote!

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back