Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sav clients checking in with wrong parent server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriley11672

Technical User
Oct 17, 2002
US
Hello, I have many parent servers across North america. For some reason, from time to time, clients show up in different offices on the wrong parent servres. (i.e. a salesman with a parent server of "detroit" shows up on the "chicago" parent server).

I DO NOT have sav client romaing enabled.

Any ideas??

Mitch

No,

Users are using local LANs when they travel (i.e. when in chicago, on the Chicao LAN, when in Detroit they are on the Detroit LAN).

If you're a client reporting to the Chicago server and you take your laptop to Detroit, you should not show up in the System Center on the Detroit LAN unless you change servers. Roaming will change servers for you, but you said you're not doing that. If there's a login script on the network, that might force the client to change servers, depending on configuration (basically, if SAV gets reinstalled when they log on to the network).

Which computers are showing up on the wrong server, and under what circumstances? Are these computers that travel between sites? Are the LANs connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back