Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV Client edition password gone?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy09

Technical User
Feb 11, 2004
PG
The person before me is gone and i am finding it hard to un-install Symantec Antivirus 8 client edtion for the local workstations because it prompts me for the old server password, and i've already removed it (SAV 8 server) and move on to SAV 9 with a different password to the server but the workstations on the network still have the older version so i don't know how to uninstall this.....
I've tried manually deleting from the program files but still i want to remove it clean coz it still buggs the upgrade process and terminates installation.
What do i do? Please help......

Push the GRC.dat out to all the clients, so that they recognize the new server. Then the new uninstall password will work on the clients.

has information about using GRCdrop.exe to distribute the grc.dat file.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Thanks
Okay this may seem to you all like a joke but i am in need of SAV 9 grc.dat file or if possible the entire SAV 9 Client Security file from the CD. If willing plaese send to this Addy: phiggymahn@yahoo.com
I only received some installation shyt on SAV 9 but no other files there were also other software on this miscelanous CD disk.
SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT What could i do from here?
i saddly wait a responds... :`(

The GRC.DAT file is in the install folder of the server. Or you can browse to it at \\<servername>\VPHOME\grc.dat. Getting one from someone else won't help you--someone else's grc.dat would point to THEIR server, not yours.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I'm having the same problem, my server is allready uninstalled and the uninstall password don't seem to work on the clients.

So I can't get my hands on the grc.dat (there was a grcgrp.dat in the vphome but that doesn't work :( )

Anyone got a solution ?

It's not prompting for the old server password, it's prompting for the uninstall password. The correct password is "symantec"

It still may be checking for the uninstall password from the server, though. If that's the case, just install a server, make the clients point to it, then do all the uninstalls. If you install the server with the same IP address and computer name as the old server, you don't even have to configure anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back