Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV CE 10 Server Renamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neily

Programmer
Jul 27, 2000
GB
We just overhauled a load of our servers and changed the way they are named. This one has just been done and as you can imagine, caused problems.

I managed to get Symantec AV Server back running but it won't pickup any of the computers on our network, even though we have tried remote installing them and installing the application from the actual CD itself.

Any ideas how I can overcome this without a total reinstall?

THANKS

Try copying the GRC.dat files from <servername>\vphome\clt-inst\win32 directory to the clientmachine's C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\<vernumber> directory

If you have support with symantec, ask them for a utility called makedrop. You give it an ip address list (txt format) and point it to the root cert and also the grc.dat that you'd like to use. It will copy the cert and grc.dat onto the clients in the proper locations and restart the service.

If not, email me and I can send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back