Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAV 10 Server virus definition's not transfering to SAV 9/8 Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

purp1234

MIS
Jan 27, 2003
GB

Seem to be having issues with SAV 10 and replicating virus definitions from the main server to parent servers.

Originally, all parent servers/client were running SAV 8/9 including the 1 parent server that downloads the virus definition from Symantec. This worked fine using the Virus Definiton Manager on the SSC to download definitions from a parent server.

I then built a new Win2003 Server with SAV 10 on it, put it into the same group as the other primary server and promoted it to be the parent server of the group. Then I transfered the clients with SAV 8/9 across to the SAV 10 server (without upgrading them to SAV 10 Client). They all work fine.

Then using SSC from SAV 10, I modified the Virus Definition Manager for my SAV 8/9 parent servers to point to the new SAV 10 Server.

Now, my SAV 8/9 parent servers don't download the latest virus definitions from the SAV 10 server.

SAV 10 version: 10.0.0.359

I have 150 parent servers and that the plan is to upgrade them all to SAV 10 but for the time being, none are being updated with the latest virus definitions. Any ideas?

On the Symantec System Center go to your server right click and go to all tasks and symantec antivirus...Then pick server tuning options...

in the "rollout and management" tab the first thing is

"Allow this server to manage 9.x and earlier clients and servers" .. this needs to be checked.

;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back