Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Satic & drop Calla for Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam4ujust

Technical User
Aug 10, 2012
US
Hi Friends,

I have a issue with here.

we have IP Agents who are logging in using the Telecommuter mode and they have issue with Static and Drop calls very frequently
10 out of 3 calls have static and 10 of 1 will be a drop call. Business is really behind us to get this issue fix.

The phone set up here is little complex too..

They have a CICO IP phone and the Avaya IP Agent is on their PC.

PC is connected using the data port from CISCO phone.

now when they login they login using the telecommuter mode.

I am not sure where to start the troubleshooting and how to get this fixed

Need all your help pls.

Regards,
Sam

I'm assuming from your post that no one else is hearing static. So agents that are not using IP Agent are not experiencing the issue on incoming calls.

If so, I'd check the outbound trunks that these calls are routing on for static issues. That is, if the issue is really static. Several times I've had people report static only to find out that the issue is jitter, packet loss and VoIP quality issues. They just don't know how to explain it better than saying static.

Check to make sure you don't have severely errored seconds on your outbound trunks.

Try to trace a call to the agent's extension and watch for jitter and packet loss.

Are these Cisco phones connected to the Avaya PBX? I'm assuming they are not since you are using Telecommuter mode and I'm unaware of being able to connect Cisco phones to the Avaya system (not saying that it can't, just haven't been in an environment where they are). If they are not connected to the Avaya PBX, have you looked into the issue being on the Cisco switch side? If they are connected to the Avaya PBX, why would you use Telecommuter mode?

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back