Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Satellite internet and Https

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick283

MIS
Jul 5, 2002
US
I have 3 pc's and Earthlink satellite. The satellite plugs into PC1 via USB. PC1 has ICS running. PC2 and PC3 have IE setup to use PC1 as the proxy.

I can get to the internet on all three machines, but I'm finding that as soon as I try to go to a secure site (ie, one with a logon) on PC2 or PC3, the page cannot be found. The pages load properly on PC1.

Let me clarify, I can get to the initial website page. I enter the logon info, hit the submit button, then the next page, which would be secure, fails to load. I've tried a ton of different website with logons and I cannot logon to any of them on the machines that go through the ICS.

Any ideas?

Have you checked PC1 to see that you have not 'limited' the access of secure (HTTPS) sites? Also, if you are running a firewall such as NIS (Norton Internet Security) on PC1, it will sometimes limit the access of some secure and 'open' websites. I had to configure my NIS to allow the specific websites. Those that gave me the most problem were those that were 'forwarded' websites (original site 'referred' access to another site).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back