Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAS - Oracle date problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyGoat

MIS
Apr 24, 2001
US
I have an issue with SAS (v6.12) properly extracting data from an Oracle (7.13) database. We are using SAS for incident reports and have not been able to retreive fiscal year 2001 information since November.correctly. I discovered that it was "1900" and immediately changed it to "1920" as recommended in the Alert Notes from SAS. However, the reports were still incorrect. I then tried

Originally, aftre conferring with SAS's support site, I suspected that the yearcutoff variable was not set modifying the yearcutoff to "1950", the maximum recommended by SAS, still no luck.

I am not a SAS administrator. It was just dropped in my lap. Therefore, I can honestly say that there may be something really simple I need to do, but I have no clue where to begin.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or resource recommendations to find my answers.

Thanks,

BillyGoat

Try upgrading to version 8.2 of SAS. The newer versions of SAS/ACCESS to ORACLE are a pretty sweet and a lot smarter than the version 6 equivalents. To see what version of this product you have, try submitting the following code:

proc setinit noalias;
run;

Look towards the bottom for a product named "SAS/ACC-ORACLE".

Another issue to consider is that Oracle stores it's values as datetime values. Try using the datepart() function to convert these values to SAS Date values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back