Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steward007

Technical User
Nov 19, 2012
US
HI,
1. I need to compare 2 files which has same data in it.
To check the data for beofre and after runs.
I have 2 files:
File1 before run
File2 after run
both have same columns and i need to write SAS code to comapre and find out whether there are mismatches in the 2 files.

How many are macthing and how many not matching and how many mismatches.
Can anyone help me??

Hi,

Considering the files you are talking about are flat files; I can give you a hint.
Follow the steps below,

1. Create a SAS dataset say beforeRun; by reading the complete single line into one variable (say txt_1) and create anohter varaible called obs_no which will have value of observation number into it i.e. _n_
2. Create another dataset say, afterRun by follwoing the same process steated above can create the varaibles (say txt_2) and obs_no.
(Remember you have read full record into single vairable; accordingly you need to specify the length of the variables)
3. create merged dataset of both of the above dataset, use have use the obs_no vairable as key for merging, the code will look like below

data merged_ds;
merge beforeRun after_Run;
by obs_no;
run;

4. Now you can compare the texts in txt_1 and txt_2 variables as below and create another dataset which will enlist the differences if any in those two files.

data differ;
set merged_ds;
if strip(txt_1) ne strip(txt_2) then output;
run;

Hope this will help you.

sasbuddy

Worth checking out Proc Compare. I've used it a couple of times to check and it's a little unwieldy, but can simply compare ever value in ever record between the 2 datasets.
Chris.

Chris
Business Analyst, Code Monkey, Data Wrangler.
SAS Guru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back