Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAS error connecting to ORACLE on Unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchapman

Programmer
Aug 9, 2002
GB
Hi, am not a SAS expert, but have been given the unenviable task of working out why our business users cannot connect to our oracle database when running SAS via unix (not via the PC). We receive this error.....

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. The SASORA code appendage could not be loaded.
ERROR: Error in libname statement.

I suspect it has something to do with a unix environment variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but am not sure.

Anyone help ??

Hi,
And you are probably right. You can check if you have not done this yet. I said you were probaly right because there can be few other causes for this type of error.
But let's start from the simplest solution. Correct the unix user's .profile you use to connect Oracle via SAS Server.
Add lines:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Of course ORACLE_HOME environment variable must be set too.
In my profile it looks like:

ORACLE_HOME=/var/oracle/product/8.1.6
export ORACLE_HOME

but it may differ at your site. You'd better contact your Oracle admin and he/she will tell you where ORACLE_HOME is placed.

I hope this will help but as I said there may be other reasons your SAS/ACCESS to ORACLE can't connect Oracle.

Regards,
Paweł

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back