Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sarbanes-Oxley

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism1

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US

Not that I have to worry about this...yet.

Are accounting packages like the Progression series being branded as Sabanes-Oxley compliant?

I know the actual accounting package used is just a small part of business practice compliance. I'm curious if there have been any statements made in regards to this act and Progression.

Thanks

Neither Macola, nor any other ERP Package, carries with it a Sarbanes-Oxley seal of approval. It is your internal processes and procedures that make you in compliance, not what software you are using.

We had a rash of similar questions several years ago from companies trying to get ISO 9000 certified. "Is Macola ISO compliant?" was the question. Same answer -- its not the software.

There are companies using Macola that will pass Sabanes-Oxley with flying colors, and others that will go down in flames.

My recommendation is that you work with your auditors to get Sarbox compliant and bring in your macola business partner if you need to do something new or different Macola-wise to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley act.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back