Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAPconsole 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chindi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
I have an inquiry for an SAP console based RF (WM) project.

1. Does this fall under Basis or ABAP?

2. Do we need to write any code in SAPconsole or is it a ready made product that can be used with SAP warehouse management transactions (GR, GI)?

3. I was told SAPconsole is part of SAPGUI, do we have to enable this or activate this functionality?

4. How do we also need to activate the Mobile data entry in LES?

5. Finally is their any training material that is out their that can be used.

I would appreciate any input that one can give.

Regards,
Hrushi

Hi,
you don´t need to write any code with Sapconsole, it´s a ready product to work with WM transactions. You only have to write code if you want to develop your own transactions, or if you want to change the standar WM transactions provided by SAP (for example, if you want to modify the layout).
Sapconsole is a product software included in Sapgui CD. You only need to install this software from Sapgui CD, in a Windows NT Server.
It will install the Sapconsole Administrator in the PC, where you´ll have to configure a profile with the system data you want to connect.You also need to customize LES (Mobile data entry).
Best training material and tutorials are in Sap Marketplace.You´ll need a password to access.
Regards.

Hai F_R_S

Can u please tell me whether any ABAP program can be accessed thru RF Terminal

Hi SAJIMON.
I´ve developed MM transactions to work with RF terminal.
I can assure you can wok with any ABAP program.
The only limits are the the small screen, and working with the function buttoms of the terminal.

Hi there,

I have a question about SAP Console and inventory. From my research there are only 4 standard transactions for inventory.

Although I have marked in the IMG, my verification profile NOT to validate Storage Units, I still get the standard screens asking me to input a storage unit. Why is this ?

What I did was create 2 menu's, 1 to access counts for bins locations, and a separate menu for SUs, but there seems to be no differentiation when I log-on & run the transaction I always get asked to enter an SU.

In general I am confused about what each button does what in the inventory standard transactions (LM50-53), as there is no help available on any of the fields to say what a button does, what entry is expected to be entered, what button you need to press before something else happens etc.

Can anyone advise on the above, and provide a source where I can find out what each entries do in these Console inventory screens.

Thanks Dave

Hai Pacoreina

Thank you for your reply.
I was away on vacation.

Could you PLEASE let me know the ABAP program for MM transactions which can be used in RF Terminal.

I am sorry for the long delay in replying.

Thank you.

jayadevanTJ@hotmail.com

Hi,

We've rewritten all of the WM transactions to deal separately with Storage Unit/Handling Unit Management versus "standard" warehouse management transactions.

Part of the reason why we've rewritten all the transactions is the non-ergonomic designs of the "standard" delivered RF transactions - the buttons are unclear as to their functions and the screen designs are horrible with regard to field labels and the placement of input fields - difficult to understand where a particular input field is on the screen for that field label.

We've also written IM , PM, PP and other Pick/Pack transactions for SAPConsole. I think that we now have written about 850 transactions for SAP versions 3.1I - 4.6C.

We've spent a considerable time to write these transactions ergonomically - cursor, field and screen control. We've also made sure to develop our code in a modular fashion - it speeds up debugging as well as help us to crank out new code in record breaking time.

So in a nutshell - you are not limited by what SAP offered in the supplied RF transactions and you are not limited to live with the way they currently behave.

If you need more information/assistance, feel free to contact me at - you can request a white paper as well as download a SAPConsole FAQ document. When you request the SAPConsole White paper, use the comments field to refer to this posting and provide your contact detail.

Sincerely,

Marius Vermeulen
SAP Mobile Solutions Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back