Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAP HR and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyocelot

Programmer
Jul 22, 2003
US
Hello, everyone!

Has anyone used Crystal Reports to report off of SAP HR InfoSets? I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

[li]When our HR group uses the InfoSets (such as PA01) as the data source in Crystal Reports, they are prompted for over 30 parameters. The technical names are displayed for the parameters, but there aren't any descriptions. Is there a way to get descriptions for the parameters to show up? I've tried going to File|Options and selecting "Both" under the "List tables and fields by:" section on the "Database" tab. It only works for the actual fields and not the parameters.[/li]

[li]Some Info Sets, such as PA01, reference logical databases. Is there a way to limit which parameters are passed to Crystal Reports? The users don't like seeing 30+ parameters every time they use a report. I've tried creating a copy of the Info Set in SAP and then changing it, but it won't let me modify which parameters are used.[/li]

[li]When I create a new report using the PA01 Info Set and am prompted to enter values for the parameters, I just click OK to accept the default values (i.e. today's date). After placing fields on the report, I click the refresh button and I see data. If I click refresh again, but this time enter data values, then it doesn't return any data. If I refresh it again, but use the default parameters (i.e. today's date), I still don't get any data. I've tried doing the "Verify database", but I get the same results. Any ideas why I'm not seeing data?[/li]

If anyone out there has any advice or comments regarding SAP Info Sets and Crystal Reports, I'd love to hear about it. Anything is greatly appreciated. I will also be speaking with someone from Crystal Decisions about my questions. I just thought I'd see if anyone on the SAP side has encountered this issue before.

Note: We are using SAP 4.6c and Crystal Reports 8.5.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back