Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAP Errors and NDS syncronisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyheywood

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2001
GB
Hi folks,

I have just finished adding a second NW51 server to the NDS tree (across a WAN), now on the server console I'm getting IPXRTR errors (IPXRTR-6.60-4 and IPXRTR-6.60-2) "60:95 969 SAP Router configuration error detected. Node .... claims network address .... should be ...."

Is there any sort of table where I can remove the incorrect IPX number, or any recommendations for surpressing these error messages! Also could these error have any possible effect on NDS sycronisation?

I look forward to reading your comments, suggestions and thoughts on this matter!

Regards Toby Heywood
Systems Support Analyst for
Debenhams PLC, England

This usually indicates that there is a device on the network which is not configured with the proper IPX settings. First, check the node address in the error message is not either of your servers. The address given is a MAC address.

You can also download a program called SAPSNOOP which gathers IPX SAP broadcasts on your network. This needs to be run on the site with the issue. When the program has been gathering data for a period of time (depends on the size fo your site), save the results to a txt file and search it for the node address in the error. You can then visit the offending device and fix it.

SAPSNOOP can be downloaded from -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I have had this error before. You just have to load ipxcon and go to services. It will list all of the MAC Addresses and the names for the devices on your network. You can then go look at the problem device and make sure it is loading ipx to the correct network.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back