Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAP BO XIR3, Oracle, Webi - make name variable unique

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmax

Programmer
Jan 22, 2012
US
SAP BO 3
Webi
Oracle

I have names that are the same, creating the #MULTIVALUE error in my cross-tab.

I have created a variable for Name + ID so results are unique.

How do I hide the ID so just the name appears in the report?

Thanks!

This is a Webi question in a Crystal Reports forum. You should have asked this in the Business Objects Solutions forum. However, here's how you do this:

You're going to apply conditional formatting through an "Alerter".

1. Select the dimension on the report.
2. Click on the "Alerter" button (red triangle).
3. Create a new alerter.
4. "Filtered object or cell" is your formula. "Operator" is "Equal to". For Operand, click on the "..." button and select "Select and object or variable", then select your formula again. So, you'll have logic like "MyFormula = MyFormula", which is always true.
5. Click on the "Format" button.
6. Under "Display, click on the function button and select your description dimension.
7. Set the color to "Default".
8. Click on "OK" three times.

You now have a row or column that is set up based on your Description + ID formula, but that displays just the description.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

hilfy, thank you for this - it works perfectly.

Also, thank you for letting me know I should post Webi items in the BO Solutions forum.

-Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back