Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector pink image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauzotah

Technical User
Jun 17, 2006
GB
Hi all,

We have a Sanyo PLC-SW20 projector. The image without a PC or laptop plugged in is perfect, but when we plug in a PC or laptop the image goes pink. The actual content is still visible but the its all pink.

I have attempted to get in touch with Sanyo support on this but never had a reply.

Any thoughts? I am trying here before i write it off and buy a new projector.

I had a similar issue with a Infocus and it was nothing more than a bad AV cable. Hopefully it is something simple and silly like this, I was about to toss my projector too

Tom

Agreed a bad connector/connection can cause all sorts of weirdness. Look closely at all the pins in the connector to make sure they are straight and the proper length. A different cable would be a good investment as soldering multipin requires small hands and lots of patience!

Tony

I have hand this problem on multiple computers. The main problem is always the cable. Buy a good one rather than the stuff you find in bins. Throw the old one out. Screw it very tight.

You should also check for updated drivers for your video or video card. This seems to make them less prone to the purple screen.

One down note: In older monitors the first indication that rays are misfiring is a purple or green screen.

Yeah, pink screen means that something's wrong on the green channel. Check if the pins on the connector are straight and present. Has it ever worked correctly?

Its been working great for about 5 years now. Onbly changed 1 bulb. I have changed the cabling and all the pins are fine, next step is to check to see if the image is ok through the YPbPr connection otherwise its the dustbin in the sky for this baby!

Thanks all for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back