Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SANtricity Products Managed Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcecchini

Vendor
Nov 7, 2002
US
Hello,
SANtricity Storage Manager is available from StorageTek and LSI for their enterprise RAID subsystems. Will LSI SANtricity administer and configure StorageTek D series? AND Vice Versa. Will STK's SANtricity administer and configure LSI E series?

Does anyone out there have a copy of STK or LSI SANtricity Storage Manager that I can use to definitely answer the questions.

Thanks

Dick Cecchini
r.cecchini@finitesystems.com

I am a little confused. Which of the following does the reply mean?

1) The actual firware revision of the controller is tied to the actual SANtricity distribution?
1a) Or are you saying the two controller modules have to be the same rev firmware - wouldn't this be a given?
2) The device manufacturer response is tied to the SANtricity distribution?
3) I am reading you response to say, the SANtricity SM will configure a LSI branded E4600 or a StorageTek branded D178 if the firmware on the controller modules is the same revision. BUT ... the SANtricity SM will NOT configure a LSI branded E4600 and a StorageTek D178 IF the firmware on the controllers is different between the two subsystems?

Dick Cecchini
cecchini@finitesystems.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back