Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAN will not power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordine

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2008
US
I just received my Lefthand NSM 2120 today. It's an HP DL320 with 12 300GB SAS drives. I racked it, cabled it, and pluged it in. I have amber lights at the power supplies and amber at the power/standby switch. When I puch the button -- nothing. Still amber. Doesn't even pretend to power up. I am hoping I am missing a very trivial step. If I don't get it on tomorrow morning I will be calling support. It took 20 days to get it the first time, I don't want to wait any longer for something to be replaced.

I have opened the case and re-seated everything except the processor. I am afraid it might be the processor, but I want support to make that call.

It sounds as if it could be. You say that it is a DL320. Is it one of the models with built-in ILO. If so you could try to connect to that and see what the ILO diagnostic log says. If it does have an ILO port the password should be on a tag attached to the server.

Lee Mason
Optimal Projects Ltd

That's a great idea. I will try that.

I was able to log into the ILO. The diag passed across the board and I was able ti power up from there, but that sent it into an infinite reboot cycle. It looks like the array is not initializing. Its like the entire front of the server is not getting power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back