Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAN Server decomission

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzymol

Technical User
Aug 8, 2005
GB
As part of a server decommissioning exercise (the server is to be dismantled), I have to remove a cable from a director port. However, the director is showing that a fibre card is still logged into the director port.

What do I need to do to determine whether or not it is safe to remove the cable?

A couple of questions. Are you talking about a host that is connected to the SAN? If so you should just have to deallocate all the volumes remove the host from the zoning. Removing the cable from the Fiber port should not cause any issues with the SAN just the host that you are removing.

This is my knowledge from a EMC symetrix array. If you have a different type of array I would seek the advice of those that know and possibly post the type of array that you have.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back