Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAN disk on Windows 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1gh2

MIS
Jul 7, 2004
GB
Hi

I have created a logical volume on our DS4800 storage server for our Windows 2003 client. Qlogic and RDAC drivers are installed on the client; I have added the HBAs of the Windows clients to the DS4800 but hot add does not see any new devices.

The Windows servers are on IBM blade servers and the chasis connects directly to the DS4800`s host ports.

Can someone point me in the right direction please? is there something else that I should be doing?

Hi

1) Have you created a mapping between the LUN(s) and the HBA(s) on the storage?

2) What is the connectivity between storage and host? If SAN switches are involved, how is the zoning set up?

HTH

Kind Regards,
Matthew Bourne
"Find a job you love and never do a day's work in your life.

Hi Matt

It turns out that there were two of four channels (links) on the controller that the Windows host was attached to were down even though the recovery guru was not indicating any errors. We reconnected to the second controller where all the links are up and we can now see the SAN disk on Windows.

Many thanks for your time

Where did you get a copy of this "Hot Add" application.
I have searched IBM's site, and also Qlogic's site.
If you could point me to a link, or give me more info on the applicaiton I would appreciate it.
We are tired of having to reboot everytime we make a SAN update!!..

Thanks,

John

Hi jadams007

This is part of the DS4000 utilities (in the Util directory) so you have to install it. However, in our case, we were having problems so we took everything off, re-installed qlogic drivers and then RDAC and this seemed to have picked up the disks so we do not need the hot add utility anymore.

(sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was on holiday)

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back