Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAN cert - names required

Status
Not open for further replies.

techseek

MIS
Nov 5, 2010
US
Hello
I am getting ready to do mailbox moves etc to Exch 2010.
I have looked around but am still unsure as to what names must go on certificate for my install/config.
We have a simple environment. One Exch03 and going to one Exch10.
We will only have POP/IMAP, OWA, ActiveSync. Mailbox/Hub/Client Access on same server (no UC, Edge transp). My internal lan is .LAN
When I did the Exch2010 install, I set "Domain used with external client access will be:" Webmail.mydom.com
Currently my email server exists in Postini MX records as mail.mydom.com

Can someone tell me what besides:
Autodiscover.mydom.com
webmail.mydom.com
mailex10.mydom.lan

I may need?

thank you

webmail.mydom.com (this is the common name on the cert, and the name you will use when connecting stuff like phones)
mail.mydom.com (just in case you need it, or if you want to use an extra name for testing)
autodiscover.mydom.com
mailex10.mydom.lan (the cert provider might not let you add this name, but you can try. Otherwise you should instead add mailex10.mydom.com and create an internal DNS record/zone to map that name internally to your Exchange server's internal IP)

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

hello
thx. Am I to understand that those 3 SAN's should cover me?

Yes, they should. You can even get away with a single-name cert if you want, but there'd be some powershell configuration of virtual directories you'd need to do to make it work.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back