Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung SyncMaster 930b and "ghost" images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImodiumAD

Technical User
Dec 2, 2004
PR
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 930b LCD monitor (currently conected to my PC with an analog cable... the digital cable I ordered haven't arrived yet). It's the first time I buy an LCD monitor for my PC and, although I also have a laptop, I haven't come across this "problem" before.

Just in case it is important, I have a Windows XP pro system, with an Athlon 64 3000, 1 gig RAM, ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE mobo, Phoenix Technologies BIOS Revision 1003 01/20/2005. There are two Chaintech GeForce 6600 GT cards in SLI mode.

The thing is, when I open Windows Media Player, and then either close it or just alt-tab to another app, the area where the video was played remains as a light, ghost image, as if the screeen had that area burned in (I hope my description is correct). Closing all the apps, including WMP doesn't correct the problem, and not even Refresh helps to get rid of the ghost. The only ways I can "fix" that "ghost" is by either going to video properties and change the monitor's frequency, or rebooting the machine.

Samsung's site doesn't shed any light on this. Any I dea why is this happening? Is it normal?

Ed.

It cant be normal. Im just guessing here that it could be either a corrupted codec or a corrupted driver of some sort. Have to wait for someone with more knowledge.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

I must say that the monitor works perfectly... this is the only glitch I've encountered... it's annoying, but I guess I should get used to it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back