Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung SCX6555n network scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinmitton

Technical User
Feb 24, 2005
GB
We have got an Samsung SCX6555n Multifunction Printer. I'm having trouble setting the scanning to a network share working. Also getting the LDAP intergration to work so we can look up email address!

First and foremost getting the scanning working is highest on my priorities, Sadly there helpdesk is not much help. Could anyone out there who's got it working let me know what they've put in each of the fields to get it to work! I have got other HP MFP's working fine and I know the user name / password and shares all work too!

Any help is most welcome!

First the shared folder has to be shared, full control for everyone, second the SMB username and password needs to be entered to authenticate the scanner and the computer on which the folder resides.Thirdly, the path statement needs to be entered ie \\nameofcomputer(or fixedIPaddress)\directory\folder.
I usually put the shared folder in the public directory or Shared doucments directory, that simplifies it. Then the path is \\nameofcomputer\nameoffolder.
Copy and paste the path statement into a Start>Run box and see if it brings up the folder.

pc.gif

Jomama

Jomama,

Thanks for that, I have indeed tried what you stated above the only thing I did not try was giving full control to everyone on that folder. Sadly this did not help either.

I've double checked the shares and logged in to a PC with the user credentials the Samsung uses and it maps / dispalys the relevent files!

Still lost sadly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back