Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung OS7030 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwcommsuk

Systems Engineer
May 1, 2018
GB
Hi,

It's been a while since I have installed one of these so looking for a little friendly help.

I am looking to install 3 x 5210 SMT-i5210 handsets (purely for the looks as opposed to DS5014s)

Am i right in thinking these require IP phone licences and connect through a hub/switch via the LAN port?

I am also wanting to install a 4SM and 4DM card for some additional handsets. Will I encounter anymore problems with this mix of handsets?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JW

They no longer make the DS or the iDCS phones. I would go with the IP Started Kit. There are no "Phone licenses" with the OS line. You will need MGI licenses. F-B-OS7030-IP is what you're going to need. It is the 7030 main cabinet and 4 MGI licenses which should have you covered. Don't forget the 7030 does not come with voicemail, it is enabled with a license.

NTSDirect

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Would i be correct with the handset model the SMT-i5210?

The OS7030 single cabinet can have a maximum of 18 IP Phones connected.
The OS7030 Dual cabinet can have a maximum of 16 IP Phones connected.

Every 4DM/4SM card reduces the number of IP Phones by 4 for each card (even if there is no handset connected to the port)

jwcommusk, yes. those are still around. I would maybe even try out the SMT-i6021

NTSDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back