Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung OfficeServ 7200 toll fraud attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkHealth

Systems Engineer
Oct 21, 2019
AU
Hi guys,

So know my telco is telling me that we have calls going out from our pbx at strange times of day to places like Pakistan, Uzbhekistan, etc. Obviously probing the system to perpetrate toll fraud. I did get some advice on the forum regarding forwarding internal calls to a mobile number and have switched those features off. Fraud attempts have happened since anyway! I did go through our entire extension range last year and changed all the VoiceMail pins to unique random eight digit codes and the phone pins to unique random four digit codes.

I did notice a section 3.1.3 "Time Table" but haven't had the time to test it appropriately (not until I can next get into the office on a weekend when I won't impact any users!). Are there any other things I can turn off?

Many Thanks,

Mario.

You could set up ring plans, then assign all the users COS 30 for the times when the offices are closed. Also in voicemail in both extension and mailboxes, you can turn off outdialling.

OK, Not sure exactly how to do that. I've dug around but it's hard to find the right menus. Would you be able to tell me some of them please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back