Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung Officeserv 7200 - Set forward to mobile number from internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkHealth

Systems Engineer
Oct 21, 2019
AU
Hi all,

Just needing to figure out how to program an extension to forward to a mobile number from any internal phone. Incoming external calls forward to the said mobile number fine but internal calls just keep ringing.
I've looked at the usual forwarding guides on the handset to no avail and am exploring the MMC / Device Manager menus. I can see that there is certainly a few things I need to do in there but can't figure out exactly how many options I need to set to make this work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mario.

Cheers Mate,

I saw that menu item referenced in one of your other replies to a query regarding Night Switch and tested it out. Works a treat! I saw that you mentioned a virtual number in that solution. Is there a way I could do something similar so I don't use up a physical phone & extension. I'm trying to set this all up so we have a number that forwards to a mobile that the guys in the warehouse can use to walk around with. The concrete, steel and distance prevent us from using any kind of short range radio phones. If not, I'll just setup the appropriate forward to the mobile and not have a phone plugged in.

Many Thanks for providing the answer to my question!

Mario.

Hi Mario,

If you go to 5.15.6 (call forwarding) and set one of the virtual extensions (e.g.3501) to forward all to 9 in the T/S column and then the mobile number in the next column and save; you can then point the ddi to the virtual extension in 3.2.3 and that should do it.

Hi mate,

I'm self taught on administering the Samsung so don't know exactly what everything means. I've entered the info as per menu 5.15.6 but don't know about "point the ddi to the virtual extension". I'm in menu 3.2.3 but can't figure out exactly what I need to do, where!

Many Thanks,

Mario.

Hi Marioo,

If you look in 3.2.3, you should see a list of numbers in the column on the right. If you set the destination to be the virtual extension that you set up in 5.15.6, that should then send the number to wherever you set the forward as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back