Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung Officeserv 7200 can't connect via network and no power to all the phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAustinio

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2021
GB
I have very little experience with phone systems, so please bear with me here.

I recently replaced 3 old switches as part of a server room upgrade. The replaced switches were basic Netgear GS7241 and JGS524's.
These were replaced with some new D-Link DGS-1250-52XMP's which are POE in preparation of them eventually replacing their phone system (not sure that'll it'll ever happen though).

Everything was working fine before the switches were replaced. Now when the Samsung OfficeServ 7200 boots up, you just get a Green flashing run light and a Red flashing MC light.
I am unable to connect via IP or even ping the unit. None of the phones (They are the old type) power on at all. Even if I plug them directly into the Phone system itself.
To me, that sounds like an issue with the phone system, seeing as I have completely bypassed the switches by plugging the phones directly in.

I contacted their phone support system who just constantly insisted it's a network issue. But were unable to prove this or explain connivingly with the info I gave them. They just want to charge £600+vat for an engineer to attend. All we did ref the Phone system was to power it off a few times and swap the LAN connection to the new switches.

now it it's something I've done, I'll happily pay the charge (not really happily though). But I'm not convinced it is.

All other network devices appear to work okay. IP addresses are being distributed from the server via the new switches. No config has been done on the new switches yet.

Any ideas?!

Unplug the 7200 from the network and reboot the system, if it still has the same LEDs flashing when disconnected, it's a system problem. Duplicate IP addresses can cause the system to do strange things.

I have reset my 7200 and now have an IP address of 165.213.176.10. on my laptop i have set the IPV4 setting to 165.213.176.15 When i try to log in I use a user name of admin and password of samsung. response is
Invalid password.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back