Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung ML1430 - "stretches" at top/bottom 1cm of page

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtimzo

Technical User
Dec 6, 2004
CA
Quick question, curious if anyone has ever seen this / any ideas about cause or remedy. I have a (cheapo) Samsung ML1430 B&W laser printer. Low page count (<5000 pages).

Since about 5 months now, it consistently "stretches" anything that prints close to the top or bottom of the page - approximately stuff within the 1 cm-band closest to the top or bottom whitespace margin. If no text/graphics appear in this area (ie, a test page with content appearing in the middle 8" of the paper approximately) - then no "stretch" is apparent. (so it isn't just inherently compressing the "top and bottom of whatever is there).

There is nothing obviously odd (paper pickup appears smooth / unchanged from original "new" operation - no noises, no error messages etc etc) but the problem is totally consistent now and rather frustrating.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know...

Many thanks,

Tim Chipman

typically stretching or compacting problems are belts of some kind...

but to start from a clean slate.. I would figure out how to factory restore the printer and reinstall everything on the workstation from scratch (make sure you download the latest drivers)

Hi, Thanks for this suggestion. I've used the printer on a clean install OS, seems to make no difference to behaviour. Guess it is physical (belts?) as you suggest. Sigh. Many thanks for the suggestion. --Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back