Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung LCD Not Optimum Mode Recommended mode: 1280x1024 60Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyuop

Technical User
Jun 2, 2007
CA
Hello every1!, i'm new here, so if i make any mistakes then please bear with me. I have a LCD problem, I have a Samsung 713N model (LCD again) and after i put the default sttings (1280x1024 and 60Hz) The screen just blacks out, or the monitor (note: not my computer, my monitor) gives me an error saying "Not Optimum mode Recommended mode: 1280x1024 60Hz" i tryed going to VGA mode and fix it but to no avail, any help on how to solve this will be extreamly appreciated. Thanks

Btw: does anyone know if installing a new Operating System (Vista) will solve the problem if i really have to?

oh, and btw the latest drivers for the monitor are installed, and the manual didn't give me a clear answer to this specific problem.

VGA mode is 640 by 480 with 16 colors so it won't match the specifications.

Your problem is with the video display, either on-board or expansion. This is normally changed in the control panel, display, settings but you may not have enough video memory to set the display to 1280 by 1024 by whatever color depth you desire.

It also may require you to some research to find the proper drivers for the display adapter.

It is unlikely that a new OS will resolve the issue.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

it already worked for about 2 years,and i tryed to solve it with the control panel, but it didn't work

What is the display showing in settings? How high can you go without losing the screen?

You could try refreshing the video drivers.

If it has been working but is no longer it is time to try swapping the monitor around with another to see if the video display is the problem or the monitor is the problem. It can be either.

Ed Fair

i just recently found a temporary solution, i changed the settings to 70Hz instead of 60, this seems to go okay at the moment, and how can i refresh video drivers?

thanks

Depends on the OS. Mostly through the device manager, display adapter, right click the adapter, properties, driver tab, update drivers.

If XP throught control panel, system, hardware, device manager.

Ed Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back