Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samsung CLP 300 paper types...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkKent101

Programmer
Jul 19, 2006
DE
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought myself a Samsung CLP 300 after having read some good reviews about it, and after doing a few test prints on A4 paper I must say the quality is great. However, having said that - I tried printing on semi-gloss paper with the 'Color Paper' paper type setting selected but the print quality didn't come out right - I've only tried printing on semi-gloss once and so I've decided before I try printing again with different paper type settings I thought I'd start a thread to ask if anybody could give me some information regarding the correct paper type setting I should use for printing on semi-gloss paper. In my attempt I used the 'color paper' type - which obviously didn't work... the paper type drop down list doesn't include a 'semi-gloss' option else i would have tried that, it has only the following:

- Plain Paper
- Thick
- Thin
- Bond
- Color Paper
- Card Stock
- Labels
- Transparency
- Envelope
- Preprinted
- Cotton
- Recycled
- Archive Paper

I would also like to try printing on business card paper, which if i'm not mistakened is almost like semi-gloss paper, does anyone know which paper type I should be using?

Thanks for your time,

- CK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back