Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sample Scripts for Phone System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobiledynamics

Technical User
Jun 4, 2008
US
I'm having a helluva time wording the sample scripts for our general greeting, afterhours greeting, etc.
I'm planning to have the scripts professionally recorded. It's my belief that ~face forward~ appearances are always important.

Anyone care to share some of your sample scripts or just general greeting scripts so I can get a feeler.

Good morning thank you for calling xyz co......
Good afternoon thank you for calling xyz co......
good evening, thank you for calling xyz co. our office is currently closed, our office hours are 8-5.....
Hello, thank you for calling xyz co. our office is currently clsed, our office hours are 8-5...

...There is no one available to take your call at this time, If you know your parties extension you may dial it at this time hold the line or press zero for the receptionist.

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

One mistake people make, apologising, it gets my back up.

i.e

I'm sorry, our offices are closed
we apologise for the delay

and the worse, you call is important, blah, blah blah.!

the company is not sorry as they would employ staff to take the call!

Can you tell I've done way too many scripts?

Jerry's suggestions seem good to me.

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Jerry's got the general tone down. Make it pleasant and give concise instructions.

I mostly agree with Stu as well. I think it's ok to apologize for unanticipated call volume, etc. but apologizing for the office being closed implies that you wish you could work 24/7 (yeah, right.) The "your call is important to us" thing is just plain phony.

Above all, NEVER record something like this:

"Hello. Thank you for calling Bilgewater Barry's Brown Butterscoth Bacon Beer Brewery. We're quite pleased we can't come to the phone at the moment as we are sampling our product and are all either ill or otherwise indisposed. We'd prefer you never call back, but if you must, please try again in a couple of days."
[bugeyed][rofl][bugeyed]

_____
Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back