Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sample Dial Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmedia

Technical User
Oct 31, 2011
US
We just switched our 5312 phones from MiNet and a local PBX to SIP and a hosted Asterisk solution. The phones register fine, and inbound/outbound calling works nicely. However to place a call you need to dial, then press #

Apparently you need to manually setup the dial plan on the phones. I've never done that before. Could someone provide me a sample dial plan? We just want all 7 digit and 11 digit calls to be placed, without needing to press #

I see where to configure it in the phone's web GUI. Just not sure what I should use there.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not but here is a link to a thread where I had to set up a dialing plan for a SIP Polycom.

It might at least steer you in the right direction

thread1329-1500942

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks, I read that post, and it is very similar. But I can't get the Mitel to recognize anything to automatically dial.

For example I was hoping this dial plan would automatically place long distance calls without having to press "Dial"

1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx.T

But it didn't change anything, I still had to press Dial. I even tried hard coding a test number:

18008462000 or
18008462000.T

And neither did anything.

In the Web GUI I'm leaving Digits to follow, Digits to Remove, Prefix, Route, Suffix all blank. Just using the "Dialed Digits" field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back