Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same messages keep populating since this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo2k

Technical User
Dec 19, 2002
US
Greetings,

I have an exchange 2003 with approximately 35 users. Today one of my users has been receiving the same email with an attachment about every 2 minutes. The sender is from someone he knows. How do I stop it?

No one else is having this issue. No rules are in place either.

Thank you,

Theo

Sounds like a virus.

Use message tracking and the Virtual SMTP logging to assit with the e-mail's origination. See if it keeps coming from the same IP address. If it's not the senders actual IP then block it in the firewall.

Check the headers of past vaild e-mails from the sender to see where their e-mail should be originating from. You may want to look at few to be sure. If the "unwanted e-mail" is coming from the senders mail server you may want to talk to them and have their IT staff look into it at their end.

If it is coming from different IP sources then you need to come up with a SPAM solution. To start you could use Exchange's Intellignet Message filter. NOTE: There is a reg tweak to enable SPAM def updates for the Intelligent Message Filter. The updates are done via Windows Update once enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back