Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same font appears differently when in text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfaith

Programmer
Apr 16, 1999
US
I am developing a standard report and want to place much of the information in text boxes since there is alot of data and alignment is an important issue. When I do this, however, the resulting display of the data inside the text boxes is 'squished' and therefore unusable in my reports. If I could figure out how to resolve this issue or discover which font is best to use that will look the same both inside and outside text boxes, my life would be a much better place in which to live.

Hopefully, someone out there has come up with a solution for this.

I am using Crystal 7 on an NT4 server with Windows 2000 workstations. I am always using the same print driver and the problem occurs on either machine type and when printed. I am using Arial ranging in size from 6 to 12 and sometimes bolded. That's it.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I'm not sure but as I understand it, you are dropping database fields into text OBJECTS in crystal and aligning those. Why would you do that? You can just choose a grid size in crystal or use horizontal guidelines to easily arrange your fields. As for formatting, you can adjust the formats of multiple objects after group selecting them (at least in CRW 8). You can also group select different objects and right click and select the Align menu option.

If this doesn't answer your question, please provide more information so I can better understand your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back