Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

same file, 2 different sizes when sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsp1lrk72

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2008
US
Hello,

Okay - this is weird, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this one. Creating an HTML newsletter in Dreamweaver, that's all good. Open it in WORD, choose send to mail recipient, send the file... from my PC to one person- it's 18K - Perfect

I do this on another PC, same version of programs,one person, open SAME file in Word, send to mail recipient, it's 360K - WHY???

Office 2007 on both, only difference is OS- I have Windows 7 and she has Windows XP. What would make it increase so much? I'm looking for things to check, OS, Outlook, Word?

Thanks,
Lisa

And you're POSITIVE that everyone involved is using Office 2007, and no one is using Office 2003 with Office 2007 converters?

we just upgraded our office to all Office 2007...

A few question come to mind.

Is one running Office in compatibility mode?
Have they both got the same Graphics output settings identical? I can't remember what the choices were in O2007 but in O2010, you can set the target graphics output to 220/150/96 dpi - which would make a big difference.

Try a test: use each computer to SaveAs PDF and see the difference in the PDF size created.

Regards: Terry

Forward the 18K to the 2nd user and see if it stays 18k, at least you will know where the culprit is, your end, or their end.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

LOL, that keeps us busy ;)

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Why would you take HTML and send from Word? Word is shock at handling html.

But two possibilities -
1. If sending through Outlook, one might be sending html and the other RTF. Outlook - Tools | options | Mail Setup - check all settings, including Internet Format.
2. One might be embedding any graphics rather than linking

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back