Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same account name on trusted domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisboy

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I have a setup where I have my server application in one domain, and the user account names are duplicated on 2 trusted domains (domain1 and domain2). When a user logs in to the application, I can see that the LookupAccountName win32 function is called to find the user acccount on the OS, and the user is always logged using the same trusted domain account (the other account on domain2 is never used), so LookupAccountName must always be finding the account on domain1 first.

My question is - is there some setting, or some means by which LookupAccountName() searches trusted domains, or can any trusted domain be given precidence over another, so I can get the application to log in using the user account on domain2? For example, if domain1 is moved into a seperate forest, will this make it more likely that the account on domain2 will be found first?

By the way - this is for testing an application problem, so please don't ask why I have the same user account names on 2 trusted domains. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back