Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same access queries gives different results 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetleaf

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
CA
Hi,

I'm not well versed in access and would like to know how it is possible for an access query in an access db, sitting in a network share, to generate 1152 records for one user and 745 for another?!

background: the system uses linked tables into an oracle database
scenario: the developers and users get a record count of 1152, while the VP using a laptop gets 745

- any like experiences?
thnx

I don't know oracle, but I know multiuser relational databases. If the VP owns his own table that happens to have the same name as one in your query (maybe a copy of last month's that he uses for sales data?), he's probably getting his own private table in there instead of the one you intended. You might have to modify your query to qualify your table names with their owners (or something like that--it would be &quot;<authid>.<tablename>&quot; for DB2, for example). Rick Sprague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back