Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Same 24 pieces of information on 7 different pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArffMarine

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
Here is my dilemma: I am creating a database to replace an old Excel program. The database will be used to track students attending a firefighting academy. We have pre-designed forms that must be used to track student progress through 23 different learning objectives. These objectives are listed on a spread sheet with spaces to write in the student's score on the objective and for the student, the instructor, and the evaluating instructor to initial. This is a seven-page Excel document that I would like to replace with a seven-page Access report. All seven pages are identical except the names of the objectives. Is there a way to create a seven-page report? If so, how do I run a command to only print one of the classes vice every class in the table?

I have two tables that are used to create the report. Here is a brief description of the structures:

TABLE 1

Title
Class Info

Fields used in the report

Class# (primary key)
Class start date
Class graduation date
Primary Instructor
Primary Instructor’s Rank

TABLE 2

Title
Student Information

Fields used in the report

Student Name
Student’s Branch of service
Student’s Rank
Class# (linking field only, not visible on print)

The information for the students is on a subreport on the main report and the two reports are SQL’ed through the Class# field to match students in the sub report to the class.

I hope this is enough information. This is one of the few remaining obstacles to get this database into operation.

ARFF Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back