Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samba troubleshooting intermittant error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim32901

Technical User
Jul 10, 2003
I'm running Debian 4.0 2.6.8.2-686-smp with Samba 3.0.24. I'ts serving files to a Win wk3 box. A few days ago the win box got updated to sp2. I lost the ability to connect to the Samba shares. I have since gotten things working, but have an intermittent problem where it appears that the server loses it's connection to Samba. If I shut Samba down and restart it, things start to work again. It is random and I can't seem to figure out what's happening. I'm somewhat of a newb with Samba so what I need is a way to troubleshoot the problem. I've been through the Samba docs and look at the logs, etc. I do see an entry in /var/log/messages of "localhost kernel: lease broken - owner = pid xxxx" which seems to correspond with the broken connection.

How to I figure out what's breaking?

Thank You
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back