Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAMBA "access denied"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgswong

MIS
Nov 27, 2000
US
I'm running RH 8.0 (using SSH no telnet) with SAMBA installed. I am trying to use swat but am unable to connect. Each attempt gives an "Access denied" error. I can connect to my apache webserver but not to swat. How can I fix this and coonect to swat please?

Any help is appreciated, thanks. The ONE ( HP-UX + Solaris + AIX + Tru64 = Unix)

Hi,

Check your apache config file. make sure u set the path and permission right for swat folder.

regards,
feroz

Yes I have root privileges. Why would I need to check my apache config? What do the two have to do with each other since they are on two different ports and I have other servers where this is the same setup but no issues?

I'll also try the SAMBA forum.

Thanks. The ONE ( HP-UX + Solaris + AIX + Tru64 = Unix)

Is swat coming up at all?
check out /etc/xinetd.d/swat
make sure disable=no and
only_from is not just 127.0.0.1

A stupid thing could be to just re-install the swat and see if that takes care of it, Red Hat has never caught up with the swat thingy, i have not tried the rh 8.0 i only use SuSE since i always seems to get less hassle from it.

Dotn worrie about the apache config, apache does not check the passwd file and i dont even think that apache knows that swat excists.:)

What about trying Webmin?
Regards
Per Qvindesland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back