Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samba Public Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
I have a Red Hat Advanced Server (Beta1) setup that I have Samba installed and running beautifully (as far as most features go). What I am having trouble with, is setting the printers so that anyone can print to them regardless of whether or not they have an account on the box. Users who do have an account work perfectly, but I need everyone to print from it. Can someone point me in the direction of some docs stating how I can do this? If I could also find how to deliver drivers automagically through Samba, that would be great too. Thanks for the help.

You should be able to allow everyone to print if you add guest ok = yes to the printer share.

I can't remember how to setup the drivers so they are installed when the client connects to the server off the top of my head. I do remember seeing instructions for this at in the documentation section.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back