Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Samba 2.2.7 file corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeMason

MIS
Oct 16, 2002
GB
I am having a problem which I believe may be Samba 2.2.7 related. I have a share with about 13GB of data in it and about 100 directories at the top level. Twice recently I have had a situation where hundreds of directory entries appear which look as if they are corrupt because they have names like: 0cd3215 or 674c etc. I do not think that it is a problem with the filesystem because I ran e2fsck and all appeared OK even when I forced it to check the file system. No errors where found. I have 3 other raid sets on the same disk controller nand have never had any corruption elsewhere. Has anyone else seen such a problem?

Thanks,

lee.

check out the response to this more recent posting. doesn't give a resolution, but sounds like exactly what you're dealing with and at least might shed some light on wassup....
thread865-544134

Many thanks. It hasn't happenened again so I am still waiting with baited breath.

Lee.

Just for information this hasn't happened again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back