Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAM4S SPS-345 cash register questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptech

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2021
US
Helping a customer who has a small business. Her SAM4S SPS-345 was originally programmed by the dealer she purchased from, apparently is no longer in business, not surprising.

The unit was purchased back in 2017, a lot has changed since then. The question is, can I change what gets reported when the machine is Z'd out? I don't think that she understands the words, if the machine can be reprogrammed, change I change the words? I suspect that they took some of the PLU's and gave them names, like "tea room," "non-taxable food," etc.

I believe there is s/w that can be used to program the machine, don't have it, don't know where to get it, since the dealer is gone. The machine can be programmed via the keyboard, using the menu-driven display. The machine can be backed up to sd-ram in fat32, which shows a directory structure when viewed via windoze 7. The data contains some ascii stuff but appears to need some special s/w to read. I tried bringing it into excel with various delimiters, no luck.

What is the best way to attack this problem, or is it simply not worth the trouble?

BTW, does anybody know where the RS-232 port is? It is not next to the SD-RAM socket.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back