Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sales order/invoice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introfield

Instructor
Apr 19, 2002
IT
I'm creating a db for UPVC wndow sales.
Some of the items on the customer order/invoice will be picked from existing stock items but the windows themselves are made to order (due to sepcial sizes/materials etc).
Do I have to have two subforms on my form - one to select the stock items (and show the required pieces) and another subform where details of the special order windows can go?
In theory, the special order windows will eventually come into stock and then go out to the customer - but at the order stage it's half and half.
This is an absolute brain drain for me... I've been stuck on it for ages and keep finding solutions that when followed through bring me right back to square one!
Help please!!!

Hi,

I would use 1 continuous sub-form with a combo box that is bound to your 'product / service' field but who's 'limit to list' property is set to no. This way a user can either select an item from the list or type a fresh item into the box - either way, that value is stored in your field.

Hope this helps,

Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back