Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sales Order Import (SO Conversion) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmingcann

Programmer
Jul 17, 2001
SG
Im going to import Sales Order from legacy system to Oracle ERP. All SOs to be converted will be in BOOKED status. Based on the documents I've read, if the SOs are in BOOKED status,the BOOKED_FLAG in the OE_HEADERS_IFACE_ALL is set to 'N' and an interface table called OE_ACTIONS_IFACE_ALL will be used and populated for all BOOKED sales orders.
Is this true? And during conversion also ,if some of the SOs are on hold,either in header or in the lines, this hold needs to be applied in Oracle.How am I going to applied holds during conversion?

Thanks.

In 11i you have to use OE_ACTIONS_IFACE_ALL table to book order. You can do it on the header or line level. For booking orders you have to use value 'BOOK_ORDER' in the OPERATION_CODE in the action table.
You also have ability to put on hold order header (whole order) or a line. Just set OPERATION_CODE to 'APPLY_HOLD' in the action table.
Hope it helps.

If I have one booked order which is put on hold,in the table OE_ACTIONS_IFACE_ALL, does it mean I will be having 2 records. One record has the operation_code set to BOOK_ORDER and one record will have the operation_code set to APPLY_HOLD. Is this correct?

Also one more question, I've read about order import's defaulting rules(e.g. shipping method, freight carrier, accounting rule, invoicing rule, etc. etc) which are being setup under OM.Does this means that If i don't have value ,e.g. shipping method, being pass to the interface table, the order import program will get the value in the setup done under defaulting rules.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back