Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sales Invoice Crystal Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanessa03

Technical User
May 13, 2003
US
Crystal 8.5, Macola 7.5.300 SQL
I am trying to design a Sales Invoice from the OEHDRHST &
OELINHST tables, but would like to use a report I have already created using the OEORDHDR & OELINHDR(proforma invoice). Can I somehow point all the fields on my report to the new tables or do I have to start from scratch again? I hope I am making sense. Thanks.

Yes you can do this.

Click on database, set location and point the OEORDHDR to the OEHDRHST file, and do the same thing for the OEORDLIN to the OELINHST.

You will get 2 messages: "OEORDHDR has changed, proceeding to fix up the report." and "OEORDLIN has changed, proceeding to fix up the report."

If there are any fields that were used in the report that do not exist in the history files, you will be prompted to do a field-to-field mapping. This is a one time deal.

Also, change you report linking to order type, order no and invoice #. This is critical.

Finally, there is a cosmetic change to be made. if you look at the visual linking expert, it will still read OEORDHDR and OEORDLIN, even though you are actually pointed at the OEHDRHST and OELINHST. To fix this click on database, set alias and correct the names to the history files.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Thanks alot!! You just saved me alot of time.

Note too, that some fields get moved around a little when an order is invoiced and transferred to the OEHDRHST and OELINHST tables. Examples are 'Orig_Ord_Type' and 'Orig_Ord_No'. If you're reference these type of fields in your open orders report, you'll need to change the posted orders report to reference the correct fields.

Peter Shirley

Also, when you use OELINHST you get that wonderful field sls_amt which takes care of all the price discounts and rounding and propper sign for credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back