Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sales Invoice and Line Items Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

MIS
Aug 10, 2001
HK
This has probably been asked many times before. I have a sales table with fields invoice number, customer id, date etc. To accomodate multiple sales items per invoice I have a line items table with fields invoice no., item no., and quantity purchased. The relationship between the sales table and the line item table being a one to many relationship connected by invoice number, where many line items can belong to the same invoice.
The question is how do I build a form that that can allow me to input the transactions? Obviously building the form to put in the common invoice information such as customer, date etc is easy, but I would like to be able to input multiple sales items on the same form (as many as required), and get it to write multiple line items in the line item table.
I hope you understand what I mean.

Create a main form based on the Invoice table.
Then create a subform on that main form based on the Details table.
The Child/Master link for the subform will be the Invoice number itself. So the Subform will constantly sync to the main form. This is built into Access.
You can then add/edit/delete details after you create the Invoice on the Main form first. Make sure you include the Invoice number somewhere in the subform, you can make its visible property NO later. DougP, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back